Monday, May 4, 2015

7 Days to Glorify God

TRANSFERS!  Guess what, my dream came true!  I'm staying here in The Falda for my 4th transfer with my little hija Hermana Child to end her training.  We have become so close and I have really loved being her companion.  Even more, watching her be a great example of watching her testimony grow day by day.

So a funny story of the week.  My companion and I were tracking one day and it started raining and we were just about drenches from head to toe and my comp and I had lunch at the President's house.  Well, as we waited for Hermana Parreno at her house, my comp was standing awkwardly in one area of the room and I couldn't understand why.  Well, I finally looked at her skirt and it was drenched!  There was a puddle of water where she was standing and Hermana Parrendo was on the phone, stopped suddenly talking and looked at my comp and said, "Ahh....Your skirt!!!"  And didn't realize she yelled it over the phone.  Then she hung up, looked at my comp and said, "Hermana, no more peeing on my floor!"  And I just had a good laugh after that :)  My comp is the best!

So as a companionship, we got the opportunity to go to another area and help two other Hermanas find investigators in their area.  I absolutely loved it!  My comp and I had soo much success with the guidance of the Lord.  The people there are super humble and just about every one wants to talk to you.  We had miracles thrown at us every opportunity we had.  It was such a wonderful opportunity to help the other Hermanas and get to know other areas.  I've experienced a hug change for the test of my life.  Our mission President gave us a challenge to apply, 7 Days to Glorify God.  For example,
- A missionary consecrated, not afraid 
- A missionary consecrated, not content with missionary standards 
- a missionary consecrated forgets himself 
- missionary consecrated motivate yourself and others 
- a missionary consecrated to the Lord according to the most high standards and behaviors.  

We were given the goal to apply one every day for 7 days.  It was definitely something that was not easy but miracle were brought forth from it.  To be honest, these last few weeks have been a little bit of a struggle.  I really couldn't figure out what it was that this area needed, we had investigators but they weren't progressing.  Less assistance from members and so on.  I realized I just needed to stop what I was doing, put my stuff down and ask the Lord for help.  I realized I had been inviting people to pray and ask the Lord what path does the Lord have in store for you?  I was thinking one day that maybe I needed to do the same.  As I prayed, I was shown an answer.  I testify that as we just throw all of our stuff down and look toward the Lord, ask for forgiveness and help, He will be there with open arms.  As I let myself go, my thoughts and actions and handed them all over to the Lord, miracle were brought forth.  The Falda began to change in my eyes.  The hearts of people were changing, the spirit was testifying through us.  People were thrown in our path, and we had investigators at church.  Members giving power Sunday talks.  Many tears and smiles were shared with one another.  As we applied the 7 Day to Glorify God, I learned an important lesson that is not only for 7 days, but is FOREVER....

Alma 23:6

And as sure as the Lord liveth, so sure as many as believed, or as many as were brought to the knowledge of the truth, through the preaching of Ammon and his brethren, according to the spirit of revelation and of prophecy, and the power of God working miracles in them—yea, I say unto you, as the Lord liveth, as many of the Lamanites as believed in their preaching, and were converted unto the Lord, never did fall away.

As we convert ourself to the gospel, don't fall back to your old ways.  Keep a testimony so strong and powerful that nothing will bring you down.  Share it with others that they too will feel that power of your testimony and become converted. " The more we strive to share the gospel and follow ahead, not only are we helping ourselves to change in that way but we are helping others come to Christ and we are getting closer to Him"  President Eyring.

Homework:  Invite you all to apply, "7 Days to Glorify God" in your life and after those 7 days, to apply it for the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment