Monday, March 30, 2015

Guide Me to Thee

Oooooooh, it's time to bring out the sweaters!!! Fall has finally arrived and my companion and I are shouting for joy!  We've had lightning storms almost everyday and so we're always drenched in water by the time we come home at the end of the day.  Husto!  When there is not rain, there is no electricity.  Once again, planning in the dark with our dinky flash lights :) 

So my companion and I have a wild experience this week....we were teaching an investigators in a member's home and we had another appointment to go to and well .....as we tried to leave, the door wouldn't open!!!!  With her sense of humor, Hermana Romana said, "Well, looks like you are going out the window!!"  So....we climbed out the window, with a skirt...yep there's a first for everything.... :)




This week during our district meeting, I taught a class about "Finding the Chosen Ones", Alma 31:34-35

34 O Lord, wilt thou grant unto us that we may have success in bringing them again unto thee in Christ.
35 Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are our brethren; therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom that we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee.

The class turned out to be super fun.  I used a bunch of examples and practices and even better with candy! :) I really enjoyed studying about finding chosen people.  I feel like  you as the teacher, learn 10+ more than those just listening.  One thing I loved about this topic was applying humility.  That as we go out to find people, we need to exercise humility and recognize the help we need from the Lord and have a constant support for His help.  Preach My gospel, page 169 says, "Believe that people who are being prepared to receive the message of the restoration will be placed in your path.  God will also place you where your good acts and words will prepare people to receive missionaries and church members.  In every way you serve, you should do so because you love your brothers and sisters and therefore hope, pray and earnestly desire to teach them the restored gospel."

This week my companion and I have been working with an investigator  named Macarena and she  has been preparing to be baptized, but we're waiting for a marriage date.  So in the meantime, we taught her the word of wisdom and she told us that she, her husband, and her sister-in-law all smoked and one day she decided she didn't want to smoke anymore!! and...stopped!!!  Next, her husband and then her sister-in-law!!  The Lord has definitely been preparing her!  I thought that it was so interesting how east it was for her, but what it really came down to, was her decision, her faith and because she was sacrificing something for good.  God blessed her.  That same day, we taught a little about the temple and I had a picture of one, and she has a little boy who is 2 years and he saw me show the picture and wanted to hold it.  As I gave it to him, he sat down on his little "mini" chair and just sat there looking at it.  He suddenly dropped it and hurried to pick it up and dusted the dirt off of it.  It caught my attention that this little boy is so close to our Heavenly Father right now and just the little things they do are Christ-like.  It reminded me me to be more Christ-like and that little kids are our greatest examples.

Homework:  So General Conference is coming up!  I'm super excited and I hope you all are too!  I invite you all to think of some questions.  Write them down and bring them to General Conference and I promise you, your questions will be answered. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment