Sunday, March 15, 2015

What Will be Your Greatest Creation?

I can't believe it's transfers already!  Our leaders called and I'm staying in, The Falda.  I'm not sure who my new companion is.....yet.  ...because the "newbees" don't arrive until Wednesday!  I'll be training this transfer :) so this week we celebrated "The day of the Women".  Argentina has a holiday for just about everything!  Ha, we had an activity for the branch and all of the men did something special for the women by giving them treats/goodies and played music all night long.  We have also been visiting a less active and she came to church on Sunday!  We were in the middle of singing our first hymn and she walked in and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face when I saw her!  What a blessing and she also gave a wonderful heart filled testimony during sacrament meeting.  It's good to have her back.  We also had lunch with Norma and her kids and Norma told us she has been bringing her Book of Mormon with her to work to read during free time and she told us that instead of getting married, the best thing to do is separate.  She has been waiting for an answer from the Lord because she knows with all her heart that as she continues to grow closer to the Lord, she has seen miracles and wants to do what the Lord has in store for her.  She will obtain many blessings a s she continues to be faithful.  My companion and I are praying for her and with hope in the Lord, "All things will fall into place."

So the other day, my companion and I were on our way back home right when the sun had hit a certain point in the sky and created a beautiful sunset.  Well I got to thinking of the creation of the earth, but then the creation of man.  But even more deeper, our creation as human beings.  God created man, and not only that, the earth.  If His creations are so great, what can we create?  What will be our greatest creations?  My companion was reading some talk the other day and I asked, "what are you reading", it was a talk from Lawrence E. Carbridge and he said,

"I realized that it isn't about the things we create that makes us great like becoming the world best sargent, or a professional basketball player, but our purpose is to become more like the Lord.  And to realize the full measure of our divine potential.  It's what we make of ourselves as human beings from the inside.  "The charity."  We can change ourselves and become more like the Lord or stay on the path that everyone else walks on and let the "natural man" become whatever life makes of you.  What is our goal?  To become the natural man or like our Savior?  The greatest example on the earth!  I love that our Father gave us agency so that we can "choose" good over bad, great over excellent.  But not only that, we can "choose" to change.  Change to be better or change to be weak.  Like the choices that we make, confident or insecure, happy or miserable, loving or kind.  "To believe that weaknesses and deficiencies in our character are unchangeable is to reject the central truth of the plan of salvation.  We are dynamic, change, evolving beings."  "We cannot stand still." 

I've realized that this change begins from the heart.  We cannot become like God if we are still fighting from with-in.  We need to give unconditional surrender and unconditional love, in order to create the change.  To kill the natural man and let God give himself in exchange to make a "masterpiece".  I know this to be true.  My goal is to become more like the Savior, I know I cannot become perfect by any means, but to be a worthy instrument to do what the Lord wants me to do.  I have also learned that it is not easy to do everything the Lord asks, but as we strive to be obedient, He will magnify us, not only for this life, but for the future.  We will be prepared to meet him "worthily" when that day comes.

Homework:  Who is your righteous idle?  Become like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment