Thursday, January 29, 2015

What was Witnessed in the Heavens

Bueno, so the mission is just fantastic as ever!  First of all, we had a hug rain storm this week.  That evening when my companion and I got back NOT only were we drenched from head to toe, but our apartment was too!  My companion and I were just joking the other day about how we wish we had a pool and we could go swimming because it's soo hot, well I guess we got our wish ;).  Not only that, but our pool smells like a sewer or in other words, a very stinky bathroom...haha  The streets were covered and you couldn't see the road, there was water spraying in our house from every corner and crack.  We borrowed buckets from neighbors and they too were struggling just as we were.  The best part is doing it in the dark when they cut the electricity!  It was a great time for my companion and I ;)

Also speaking of WATER, Mariana and Marcarena were BAPTIZED!!  They were baptized Saturday and confirmed on Sunday.  Everything was ready to go, except we were missing the baptism clothes.  Well we called just about every other church in our zone and either they didn't have anything or were out of town at the beach like everyone else! Ha, well, Saturday, my companion and I started looking in our apartment for things that people had left behind.  Well, we found a white dress which was perfect for Mariana (the taller one).  Well right before the baptism, we were still missing one dress so we just decided to use it for the both of them.  Once it was Macarena's turn, we put her in the same WET dress and it was about 10+ bigger than she was!!  But, she had the biggest smile on her face and didn't complain once, even though she was shivering as her teeth chattered.   What a great sport!  the best part is that everything worked out in the end.  I love finding little things and some how it all comes together.  The baptism was beautiful and the spirit was soo strong...their mom "Norma" loved watching her kids get baptized and she too can't wait, with faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ, she too will soon be baptized.





So this week, we had to drop a lot of our investigators because they weren't progressing or just didn't want the gospel right now in their lives.  It was a little hard to watch people say No, right when everything was going just great.  But, God always places people in our path when people are ready to hear the gospel.  Some just need a little boost and in time they will accept.   We found a couple great investigators this week and were excited to start teaching them more and work with them.

So I have never had such great study hours with Hermana Chipman - she's FANTASTIC!  We just have a blast talking about the doctrine of Christ.  Some how everyone of our studies have all repeated back to the plan of salvation, hoe God has a plan for every single one of us and His plan is PERFECT!  That every single step He created has it's own unique significance and is soo defined that we can't even comprehend its beauty.  One of my favorite things about His plan is His ATONEMENT.  Sacrificing everything for us to be able to live again and be freed from sin.  I love the scripture in John 10:14-15

 14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
 15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Think about all of the farmers and their animals, "shepherds and their sheep", they feed them, take care of them, care for them, etc., now if they had the decision to either let their sheet die or for him (the shepherd) to die, obviously he would live and let his sheep die.  But, I love that The Savior, is the ONLY shepherd who would die for His sheep.  The Savior loves us so much that He sacrificed His own life for ours.  That without His love, we would be hopeless as little sheep.  He loves us all equally and desires us all to live with him again - even the sheep who are lost and have forgotten His plan.  Before this earth life, God created His plan and we all chose His plan.  When we came to earth we forgot everything including His plan.  We are here to be tested and tried to have agency to choose between good and evil.  We are sent tools such as the scripture and prophets to guide us.  He sent us the Savior to once again remember His plan.  As a missionary and a member of His church, I know of His plan.  Study it, live it, desire, it, teach it, and share it.  Help those who don't remember His plan to remember it once again.  His plan is the only way to happiness.  I know that it is true and it is magnificent.  He has given us guidance to walk in His foot steps.  There may be times of hardness and grief, but think of what the Savior did for us.  He knows our suffering and pain, look to Him, ask for help.  Remember His plan - the way to eternal life.

As I was studying I came upon a scripture in D&C 15:4-6 and 16:4-6.

For many times you have desired of me to know that which would be of the most worth unto you.
 Behold, blessed are you for this thing, and for speaking my words which I have given you according to my commandments.
 And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen.
 For many times you have desired of me to know that which would be of the most worth unto you.
 Behold, blessed are you for this thing, and for speaking my words which I have given unto you according to my commandments.
 And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen.

I received an answer I had a long time ago.  I never really understood why I took a certain road that I did.  But it always felt right and it felt good.  I knew it would do me good and bring me closer to my Savior, but never received a FULL answer.  When I found this scripture, I understand that as humans, we desire so many things.  Things that we think will make us happy.  It might make us happy - I don't know, but we just keep on wishing...but is it what we want for ourselves or what God wants for us?  We might desire a certain path but what path does God have for us?  In verse 6 in both scripture, it tells, "The thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to DECLARE REPENTANCE unto the people, that you may bring SOULS UNTO ME, that you may REST WITH THEM IN THE KINGDOM of MY FATHER."  God knows what is best for us, we should always take HIS road no matter how hard it is.  As we do, we will be blessed ten time more than we ever thought we would have been.  He will magnify us and the people around us whom we love.  There will be no better thing than to see our family in the kingdom together.  I'm so grateful for God's plan, for His atonement, His creations, His path.  He has so many blessing in store for us, I wish I could just understand everything He has in store for me and His doctrine, but it is beyond our intelligence.  I'm so grateful to be a servant in His hands and to share with people the things I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment