Monday, January 19, 2015

Let the Holy Spirit Guide

"Now is the moment in the time table of the Lord to carry the gospel father than it has been carried before...Many people in this world are crying, knowing and unknowing, "come over...and help us!"...They might be your neighbor, might be your friend, might be a relative, might be someone you met yesterday, but we have what they NEED>  Let us take new courage from our studies and prayer as did Peter and now Lord,...grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word."  (Acts 4:29)

I totally made EMPANADAS for the first tim!  It's an Argentinean food that they eat almost like tacos but 100 times better!!  It was super fun but even better it was with a less active family and they came to church that next day.

I have never experienced a week like this one...We experienced some real highs and some lows.  First of all, I have been studying the topic of faith this month and I found in PME "Discouragement will weaken your faith" and a scripture in Ether 12:27

27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
This month I've been trying super hard to apply faith in the mission work but not only that EVERYTHING. To always have hope and to act and be diligent.  We had interviews with our president this week and I asked him the question, "What is the significance of faith for you?"  It cam down to FAITH=WORKS not FAITH-Harry Potter - Ha!  We can't just sit at home and hope for this to work out or get done on their own.  As sometime I wish they would....Well this week, I had to really apply faith because it just kept getting harder and harder, hotter and hotter!!!  Dates just kept falling and falling and by the end of the week on Saturday, my companion and I kept praying and praying.  During the day every time something didn't work out, I sang "A Child's Prayer" to myself.

"A Child's Prayer"
  1. 1. Heavenly Father, are you really there?
    And do you hear and answer ev'ry child's prayer?
    Some say that heaven is far away,
    But I feel it close around me as I pray.
    Heavenly Father, I remember now
    Something that Jesus told disciples long ago:
    "Suffer the children to come to me."
    Father, in prayer I'm coming now to thee.
  2. 2. Pray, he is there;
    Speak, he is list'ning.
    You are his child;
    His love now surrounds you.
    He hears your prayer;
    He loves the children.
    Of such is the kingdom, the kingdom of heav'n.
Well as my companion and I kept our diligence, God answered our prayers.  He started walking with us and guiding us.  Our investigator, "Norma", that came to church with us last Sunday was no where to be found as well as a boy we found that lives about 5 houses down.  "John", he is 20 and lives with his 83 year old grandma and takes care of her.  Well, we probably passed by there three time that day to invite them to church.  I felt the urge not to give up and go pass one more time that same night.  As we started to go back for Norma, I felt to go knock on the house of John and right as we came up to his house, he was just about to leave.  So we hurried over and were sooo excited to have found him.  Next we went to find Norma and guess what??!!!  Norma answered!!  We had found her too as well as her two daughters whom we got to talk to them and get them excited for church.

For the HIGHLIGHT of the week, SUNDAY!!  It was one day of beautiful miracles.  We had 6 investigators - Norma, Margunna, Mariana, her two daughters, John, Agoustin (another investigator this week), and Nora who is also some one we started teaching this week.  All attended church yesterday.  WHAT BLESSINGS!  None of this could have happened without God's help, His guidance, and his LOVE.  Without relying on Him, we would have been sooo lost.  Two wounded dogs in a wild forest - Ha.  We were soo happy and so excited!!  I can't even explain the joy that we both felt.

This week we also taught an investigator named, "Glond".  She is awesome, she is super religious and is Baptist.  We taught her the first lesson and she had tons of questions.  WEll, my favorite part of the lesson was when we talked about prophets and we told her we have a living prophet, TODAY who speaks to us and guides us.  Well, this is when she started freaking out and asking "Well...What is he telling us these days??"  "I want to know!!"  I started getting super excited and couldn't keep a smile off of my face and she looked at me and said, "Why are you grinning?"  "I'm serious!!"  Well, I told her, Hermana, this is wonderful!  I feel the exact same way, I'm happy you want to know because I know he is our living prophet today.  We told her we would get her a General Conference talk magazine so she could read ALL about it.  She said - OK - Hurry.

Alma 51:26-27
26 And now, their preservation was astonishing to our whole army, yea, that they should be spared while there was a thousand of our brethren who were slain. And we do justly ascribe it to the miraculous power of God, because of their exceeding faith in that which they had been taught to believe—that there was a just God, and whosoever did not doubt, that they should be preserved by his marvelous power.
 27 Now this was the faith of these of whom I have spoken; they are young, and their minds are firm, and they do put their trust in God continually.
Homework:  Read Hebrews 11- (Faith)

No comments:

Post a Comment