Sunday, January 4, 2015

Improve the Shining Moments

So guess what?! I got to celebrate another birthday.  Hermana Kroska my new companion had a birthday!  We had soooo much cake, I tried to keep a smile on my face as we entered 3 houses that had a birthday cake ready for her!  Haha, but is was fun. 




So this week I got to know a little about "The Falda", first of all it's nothing like my last area, but the Falda pretty much has it all.   From one end great big houses with gated fences and swimming pools in every back yard to the other end with dirt roads, to practically nothing.  The other day my companion and I were walking to an investigators house and it was up a giant hill.  Well, when we got to the top, I turned around and there was an amazing view.  You could see all of Bahia Blanca, the buildings and everything.  It was super cool.  I also finally got to know the members of the ward and they are wonderful.  They have big spirits and the church here is pretty small like my very first area.  It's a branch and has about a total of 38 members (active). 

My companion is great.  This week was super interesting, we got to know each other super fast for all of the experiences we ran into this week.  first of all, we've walked into 3 houses that are caving into the ground.  I feel like at any second I might fall into a deep pit.  Second, we had our first electrical storm.  I don't know if you have ever experienced on before, but it's one of the scariest things.  Lightning flashing in every second, no rain, no electricity, super hot, etc.  So we were privileged to plan in the dark with two dinky flash lights we had.  Haha and Third, meeting a gypsy for the very first time in my life.  As I have now learned that there are actually quite a lot of them that live in Argentina.   But more importantly, I'm super grateful to experience all these great times with my companion Hermana Kroska.  She has a huge spirit and light in her eyes that I've never seen before.

So there aren't very many investigators we are working with right now.  We are working hard this transfer to find miracles and people ready to hear the gospel.  Right now we have one investigator named, Franchesca, she has been to church about four times now and loves the church. She loves it's doctrine and has just about all of the lessons.  But she is scared to take a step forward and be baptized.  Well, we had a lesson with her on Wednesday and for the first time, she let us talk about baptism and how important it is in our lives and how it is the first step of making it closer to our Heavenly Father.  She has a baptism date set for January 27 about a month from now.  It's a little far away but with much faith in the Lord and prayer and fasting, she will find her answer.

So for Christmas eve and Christmas, we went around Christmas caroling with my companion.  We had lots of success and it was super fun at the same time.  We also got the chance to go Christmas caroling with our mission president and his wife after we had lunch with them.  It was a BLAST!  They know just about everyone in the area.  Skyping my family was great to see their faces and smiles.  I'm also super blessed and privileged that my little nephew Bennett can say my name "Colie" and none of my families names yet :) Haha - just kidding.  I also hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with lots of food, family, friends and celebrating what is most important the birth of Jesus Christ.  Thank you once again for your prayers and love, I wish you all to have a wonderful New Year!  2015!

Alma 34:32
32 For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors.

President Kimball has said, "my brothers and sisters, we're away from home.  We're off to school.  Our lessons will not be easy.  The way we react to them, the way we conquer and accomplish and live will determine our rewards, and they will be permanent and eternal.  You are sent to this world with a very serious purpose.  You are sent to school for that matter to begin as a human infant and grow to unbelievable proportions in wisdom, judgement, knowledge and power."  I invite all this new year to remember why we are on earth; to accept our Lord and loving Savior.

Homework:  For the new year, write some goals you want to accomplish

No comments:

Post a Comment