Sunday, December 28, 2014

Jesus of Nazareth, Savior and King

First of all, happy 26th birthday to my companion, Hermana Cruz!!  I was lucky enough to spend one last week with her because we got transfer calls  I have loved every minute with her these past 5 months and have learned so much and experienced so many miracles that I will never forget.  I'm sad to be leaving her and Pueyrredon, but the Lord has other great things in store!  speaking of.....My new companion is Hermana Kroska, she is from Minnesota and has one month in the mission.  I'm privileged to be her new "step mom" and finish her training.  I'm super excited and nervous at the same time.  I still have lots to learn and grow from every single day of the mission.  I'm now serving in an area called, "La Falda".  It's actually only about 30 minutes from my last area.  Our president is from this area so we get to have lunch with him and hes wife very once in awhile :)  Lucky us!  I'm really excited for this area and this transfer, especially to get to know the member and our investigators.

These past two weeks have been a little crazy!  But this Thursday, we had a Christmas dinner with the zone and our President.  It was a blast.  For 2 months we have been practicing Christmas hymns as a zone.  We got to sing these hymns in the Central park as well as be on TV.  Lots of members and investigators showed up to watch.  In the evening, we had dinner and a talent show put on by missionaries with dancing, singing, instruments, etc.  Followed by a wonderful Christmas message by our President.



 On our way to the park


The Sisters


Singing in the Park

On Friday, we also had a ward Christmas dinner and many people attended including less actives and investigators.  Hermana Cruz and I couldn't stay for very long, but it was great to see friendly faces we hadn't seen in the church for a while. I also snuck a quick picture in the kitchen of a whole cow's leg that we ate for the Christmas dinner that night! 


The Cow Leg!


Ward Members

I also just wanted to wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS and invite all to remember Christ and his birth this holiday season. In my personal studies this week I was reading in 3 Nephi 12: 13-16

13 Verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to be the salt of the earth; but if the salt shall lose its savor wherewith shall the earth be salted? The salt shall be thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out and to be trodden under foot of men.
 14 Verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to be the light of this people. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.
 15 Behold, do men light a candle and put it under a bushel? Nay, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house;
 16 Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

I like to think that the light is our testimonies, the gospel think of all the people who don't have this light this Christmas season. Let us shine our light and share it with our friends and family take it out from under the table and let it shine so everyone can see it, so bright you can see it through your eyes, smiles, works and attitude "that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven" 
Homework: bake some cookies and grab a red hat and go Christmas caroling with a friend or family member! 
ps... have a wonderful CHRISTMAS and GRACIAS for all of the wonderful packages, letters, and prayers! !les quiero mucho! 

No comments:

Post a Comment