Monday, February 23, 2015

Do It Now!

Hola Amigos!  Guess what?  It's a new month, it's February and guess what that means....My companion and I are on a ROLL!   These past two weeks we haven't had too much success in finding new investigators, but that' sNOT going to STOP US!  I always love goals and trying to do whatever I can to fulfill them...so this month we have the goal as a companionship of "HOPE", bu trying to find people that  God has prepared waiting for us to teach His gospel, as well as lending more SERVICE!  Which BTW, we had a little service project last Tuesday as we cleaned a little old lady's house.  Poor little thing, lives by herself and can hardly walk.  God definitely places people in their path when needed.  I've never liked service too much, but I have started to have a love for it and the people I do it for.   We have some great investigators who we are working with right now and just love the lessons.  With much faith and hope, the yw ill keep progressing and take that step of humility through the atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ and follow His example of baptism.  The other day, my companion and I were talking to a lady on the side of the road as she was waiting for the collective (bus) to arrive.  She mentioned that she has accepted God in her life and that there was no need for more.  My companion and I thought for a second, Yes that's so great, but you have only taken the "FIRST: step into entering HIS kingdom, ads there are more to come.  I like to compare it to knowledge and how it is "NEVERENDING!" There is always so much more to learn and new knowledge begins in the process.  Our knowledge never stops.... So why would the gospel???  So why take only ONE STEP when there is soooo much more out there!! :)

My companion shared a scripture in Jacob 5:41:
And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard wept, and said unto the servant: What could I have done more for my vineyard? 


I loved the line that states, "what could I have done more for my vineyard?
  but I like to look at it as "what more could I have done today?"  There's a difference between RISING TO OUR POTENTIAL and REACHING THAT POTENTIAL.  Some do everything they possibly can with all heart, might, mind and strength and accomplishing the maximum and then the other of just reaching and barely touching the finish line and just letting the time pass by and doing great by doing good deeds but not their maximum.  As sometimes it is so each and for others it's difficult.  I read a Liahona in my studies the other day by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf about RISING UP and CONTINUING on the path.   Sometimes we fall and get right back up and sometimes we can't so we spend our time sitting.  For others it's super easy to stand right back up, but others no.  Some don't want help and others just need a helping hand and a smile of encouragement.  There is always HOPE.  "No one like to fail.  We particularly don't like it when others especially those we love see us fail.  WE all want to be respected and esteemed.  We want to be champions.  But we mortals do not become champions with out effort and discipline or without making mistakes.  Brethern, our destiny is not determined by the number of time we stumble, but by the number of times we rise up, dust ourselves off, and move forward."  When we fall, it's not a bad thing, we need to face our weaknesses we need to become HUMBLE and MEEK, this is why I love the atonement by turning our hearts and our will to our Savior and giving up sin. Through repentance The apostle Paul taught that "godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation...but the sorrow of the world worketh death."  Godly sorrow inspires change and hope through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  Worldly sorrow pulls us down, extinguishes hope, and persuades us to give in to further temptation.  Godly sorrow leads to conversion and a change of heart.  It causes us to hate sin and love goodness.  It encourages us to stand up and walk in the light of Christ's love.  true repentance is about transformation, not torture or torment."  But first we have to decide to come to HIM, we cannot become HUMBLE until we let ourselves go and walk HIS path of discipleship and through the Atonement.  "If we look around with observant eyes and the motive of a caring heart, we will recognize the opportunities the Lord places in front of us to help other RISE UP and move toward their true potential.  The scriptures suggest, "What soever ye do, do it heartily as to the Lord, and not unto men."  Falling is natural, it's what we do, we are only human begins, were are not perfect.  WE just need to be willing to RISE UP again and CONTINUE on the path.  It will make us face our weaknesses and sometimes fail but that is what will make us STRONGER.  Trust in the Lord and HIS love. Have FAITH and STAND TALL.  Make every moment GLORIOUS.  You are STRONGER than you realize.   When the hardships come, INCREASE your FAITH, INCREASE you studies, INCREASE your prayers, INCREASE service, INCREASE obedience and the blessings will flow after.  Matthew 11:28-30


28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest . 

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart : and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 

30 For my yoke is easy , and my burden is light.

FIRST: FAITH, SECOND: REPENTANCE (humility) and THIRD: STANDING UP and continuing on when struggling.  Care for others, looking at ourselves will make everything harder, become like the Savior.  STAND TALL and SHINE BRIGHT like He does.  Be the example.  Have energy and excitement.  My dad always taught love everything and every moment you are in NOW.  Don't look back at what you had, Don't look forward at what you can have, but look at what you have NOW and enjoy it!  CHANGE, use everything you've got, have faith and hope, use the ATONEMENT, RISE UP, STAND TALL, and DO IT NOW!!

I love you all so much and pray for you!  - Hermana Chesler - para siempre Dios este con vos

Homework: I invite you to read these talks:
Men read:  "The Moral Force of Women" by Todd Christofferson
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/the-moral-force-of-women?lang=eng

Women read:  "Power in the Priesthood" by Neil L Anderson 
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/power-in-the-priesthood?lang=eng

They are in reverse on purpose to read about the other gender, to learn how we can respect and build upon eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment