Monday, September 14, 2015

The Dogs Just Won't Stay Away!

Well my companion and I have taken the coats off and thrown them in the suitcase because summer has arrived!!! We've also turned into milanesas (crispy chicken) from all the sand that's blown into the air.  By the time we get home, we are covered from head to toe.  My companion drew the best picture of us walking down the street ;) 

Also I don't know what it is but the DOGS won't STAY AWAY from me.  This week I had an experience where we started walking down the street and this random dog comes up to me (not the little kind) and wraps it's two front legs around mine and wouldn't let me go! for about a good straight 2 minutes.  Here i am too scared to let a scream out and trying to push its head away so it doesn't bite me.  My companion is throwing rocks at it...."it was a sight to see!"  Finally I escape and it follows us for a good 10 minutes. Anyways, that was ONE of my many dog attacks this week. 

Other than dogs, we had a FANTASTIC WEEK!  Sunday, Brisa and Sabastian came to church.  Brisa is a joven (youth) who has been attending church with a family of member here in Villaflonesta and Sabasitan, we started teaching just this week. It was a miracle because we found him Tuesday and we ended up passing by Saturday to remind him about church and he had moved houses. Well, during sacrament meeting, he came walking through the front doors of the chapel!  He had made it to church.  He absolutely loved it and participated a lot during the classes. Right now in Villaflonesta we've been trying to get to know all the members and the area and we have had lots of success and we've been working with a ton of references.  My FAVORITE! This area is definitely HUGE but God's definitely given us strength every step we take.  haha  I've also gotten to just love my companion Hermana Palma and her great smile.  Such a strong woman with a powerful testimony.  We've been trying to animate each other to do our exercises in the morning more than just a few stretches and such ;)  and we found that our day becomes 10 times better.  One of our zone leaders asked, "what can we do to bring the spirit"?  and during the week, I realized that many things can bring the spirit as well as "the word of wisdom".  There have been many times where I have definitely craved too much chocolate or dulce de leche and after I feel like I can't even walk because my stomach hurts, then I think, why didn't I listen to my mom or when the doctor says, "an apple a day keep the doctor away" ;) 

I love what Elder Russell M. Nelson says about the body, "cada vez que se miren en el espejo.  Vean su cuerpo como un templo.  Esa verdad-renovada congratitud cada dia-puede influir enforma en que cuidaran su cuerpo y la manera en que lo utilizaran; y esas decisiones determinaran su destino.  Porque su cuerpo es el templo de su espiritu, y la manera en que utilizan su cuerpo afecta a su espiritu.  Entre las decisiones que determinaran su destino eterno se encuentran las siguientes.  1. La forma en que decidan cuidar y utilizar su cuerpo  2. Los atributos espirituales que decidan cultivar.  (For those of you who speak Spanish, too much time to put in the accents)

"Your Heavenly Father has known you for a very long time.  You, as His son or daughter, were chosen by Him to come to earth at this precise time, to be a leader in His great work on earth.  You were chosen not for your bodily characteristics but for your spiritual attributes, such as bravery, courage, integrity of heart, a thirst for truth, a hunger for wisdom and a desire to serve others."  I'm so grateful for the body God has given me physically, mentally and spiritually to be able to walk, run, dance, breathe, hear and talk.  To be here on earth.  I know there have been times in my life where I could have treated this gift better.  Better exercising, foods, etc.  More importantly for my spirit.  God has given us many "things good" to help protect and strengthen our bodies.  There are "always many fruits, touch not these things (meaning bad), for in the day thy life shall be shortened and thou shalt die". 

This week, I've noticed  HUGE difference as I have better kept the word of wisdom.  I'm able to walk what seems like the pacific ocean and back, have good health and I've seen and felt the spirit guide me more.  I had the experience to feel the spirit so strong every time I bore my testimony, tears came to my eyes.  I know this is a very important commandment to keep and yes, we will make mistakes, but we can always learn from them through the healing, cleansing and enabling power of the atonement of Jesus Christ.

HOMEWORK:  How can you better treat your body and spirit?  (examples: music, eating, exercising, good words, waking up early, going to be early, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment