Monday, November 17, 2014

Sweet is the Work

Transfers!!  Once again we had transfers and I'm with my same companion Hermana Cruz in Pueyrredon.  I'm so excited to work with her for another 6 weeks as we have had so many miracles together.  This week we had stake conference on Sunday and once again the Family Spnelli came to church as well as two other investigators (Angie and Madia).  One who is preparing to get baptized this next Sunday after her marriage on Saturday.  I also had a wonderful reunion with many of the members in my first area in Pigue because they too are in the same stake that I'm serving in right now.  I got to see just about the whole ward as well as some great news about an old investigator (Leanor) who just got baptized two weeks ago!!

Our investigator (Angie) who is getting baptized this week has been preparing now for awhile but needed to get married first before she could take that step forward for baptism.  Her mom is also here from the Dominican Republic for 3 months for the wedding, so my companion and I got the chance to teach her about the gospel as well.  She absolutely loves the church and talks about how much peace and comfort she feels from it and what this gospel carries.  This week we taught her the first lesson as well as the importance of the Book of Mormon.  He daughter couldn't be there during the lesson but we got the chance to call her daughter on speaker phone as she bore a wonderful testimony about the gospel to her mom.  I love that Angie (daughter) has been such a wonderful example for her mother.  Not only did Angie find a testimony of the gospel, but she is acting upon it, she knows and wants God's plan, understands the importance of marriage to fulfil a commandment, to be baptized by someone holding the priesthood and authority of God!  It's been such a wonderful experience to watch Angie grow and not only her but her mother as well.

The family Spnelli who we have been working with has attended church twice now!  We ended up having family home evening with them on Thursday night.  They have 2 little boys and a baby girl who are into everything all the time, just like any other family.  So my companion and I knew that we needed to do something that not only involved the parents but the children as well.  So we decided to watch "The Restoration."  By doing so, 30 minutes passed by and not one of the kids made a peep!  The spirit was so strong and even the parents were in shock.  After the movie we discussed the restoration and also talked about the Holy Ghost and how it brought peace and comfort into the room.  In this moment we also asked the family to be baptized as well as commit to being married.  Suddenly, they agreed!!!  My companion and I are so excited and because of their faith and action, they will be a family eterna!!  That night we all prayed as a family on our knees and it reminded me of my own home and my own family.  I'm so grateful for the family I have now, but how wonderful it is to have the opportunity to bring other families together and one day be sealed in the temple for time and eternity.

I also ran into my first English speaking investigator!  She is from Maryland and her family has now lived here for almost a year now.  The family hardly knows any Spanish and the mom has been searching for a church for the family to attend.  My companion and I have an appointment with them on Monday.  It was the weirdest experience to speak English again.  Not only that, but I couldn't get the words to come out of my mouth.  It was like trying to learn how to speak Spanish for the first time, but English....OH NO!!!....

I can't express how happy I am to be serving as a missionary in Argentina to share something that is so important in my life with my brothers and sisters here in Bahia Blanca.

1 Nephi 8:12

 12 And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit.

I have never felt so close to my Heavenly Father, He hears and answers all of my prayers and always has an answer in His own time because He knows my needs more than I even do.  I have loved every moment of the mission and that I get to communicate and share my love of this gospel with others.  I have never felt so much love and happiness when people accept this gospel and reach out to their Father in Heaven.  I also testify of the importance of marriage and what it can do to bring families closer and happier, as well as the examples of others in standing in righteousness and diligence.  There is nothing that has ever brought me more happiness than this gospel.  My family and friends, and missionary work, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

P.S. HAPPY HALLOWEEN! 
Matthew 14:26 (Mateo 14:26) And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear. 

Homework:  There are many people who need a smile on their face, go doorbell ditch someone with a plate of goodies!!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment