Friday, November 28, 2014

Firm as the Mountains Around Us

Well I'm starting to wish it was winter again because my comp and I are literally dying of heat and the worst part about it is that it's only spring....My comp even carries around an umbrella to hide herself from the sun! "I don't care what the people think" she says, haha.  Anyways, this week we definitely ran into a lot of obstacles! We are working with so many miracles and the devil sure is doing his part as well. My comp and I got to a point where we were so tried of running into bumps and obstacles that our faith was running on training wheels. Not only were we struggling, but so were our investigators. During one of our district meetings this week, we sang "Firm as the Mountains Around Us," (Carry On)

1. Firm as the mountains around us,
Stalwart and brave we stand
On the rock our fathers planted
For us in this goodly land—
The rock of honor and virtue,
Of faith in the living God.
They raised his banner triumphant—
Over the desert sod.
[Chorus]
And we hear the desert singing:
Carry on, carry on, carry on!
Hills and vales and mountains ringing:
Carry on, carry on, carry on!
Holding aloft our colors,
We march in the glorious dawn.
O youth of the noble birthright,
Carry on, carry on, carry on!
2. We'll build on the rock they planted
A palace to the King.
Into its shining corridors,
Our songs of praise we'll bring,
For the heritage they left us,
Not of gold or of worldly wealth,
But a blessing everlasting
Of love and joy and health.
As we sang this hymn, it brought me hope and as well faith that as as my comp and I stay firm and look to the Lord in every moment and every decision we will succeed in the mission work. I realized that not every moment is going to be easy when at first it seems like everything's going great, but that God is testing our faith and our ability because He knows we can learn more and make us stronger, stand firm, and conquer our difficulties as well as others around us. 

We had an experience with the family Spnelli, where they ran into not only one but a few very difficult situations. Not only did this make things very difficult for the family, but that they have been struggling with many things their whole life. At this point they were hanging on by a thread. This is when my comp and I needed as much faith as we could to help this family. My comp and I tried to think of the best thing we could do to help the family and that was to pray and fast. With the little energy they had, they decided to put their faith to the test. They had heard of the law of fast but never actually fasted before. We taught them the importance of fasting and we got the opportunity to pray and fast together with Cynthia and Marcelo, as well as many blessings were brought forth for this family. I have learned so much from this family and their faith and diligence, not only has the Lord sent my companion and I to share with them a wonderful message of the gospel, but I think I have learned more from them than they have from me. This family are definitely angels in my eyes as they strive to live the life that God wants them to live. I testify that when you are struggling and don't have anymore strength, look to the Lord, ask for help, He will hear your cries, He is waiting for you to communicate to Him. Have faith in the Lord, He is your father and He loves you. 

Dallan H. Oak s- Ensign May 2012 
"Why are so many willing to give so much in order to receive the blessings of the temple? Those who understand the eternal blessings which come from the temple know that no sacrifice is too great, no price too heavy, no struggle too difficult in order to receive those blessing. There are never too many miles to travel, too many obstacles to overcome, or too much discomfort to endure.. to be endowed with blessings and power from on high are worth every sacrifice and every effort." 

We have also been working with another family Zerom for almost 3 months now. They have 7 kids a total of 9!!! My comp and I have been trying and trying to get them to church but haven't had any success. This week my comp and I had an appointment with an investigator with one of our members in the church. Well the apt. fell through and we thought of the family Zerom to quickly pass by to see how they were. Well a miracle happened! In the first 5 min Hermana Marazita had everyone - all of the members in the family sitting down in a circle listening in on the lesson including the husband. When this has NEVER happened before. She also invited them over to her house this week for Family Home Evening. What a blessing it is to have such strong experiences with members of the church! Without Hermana Marazita we might have never gotten the family to listen. We are super excited to get this family going and active!! 

Homework: I invite you to give a prayer of only THANKS tonight, which means you're not allowed to ask for anything! :) in return, you will realize how many things you are blessed with in your life when you didn't see them in the first place. 

P.S. HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone at home! Eat lots of turkey for me because they don't have Thanksgiving here :( 

ALMA 26:31
 31 Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are many; yea, and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethren and also towards us.


Surprise Wedding Dress for Family Spnelli


The Family Spnelli


Our Zone

My Companion and her Umbrella :)

No comments:

Post a Comment