Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Come, Join With Us

My LAST transfer call!!!!  I can't believe it's already come.  I'm staying here in my area, "villafionesta" with my sweet Chiliana Hermana Palma ;)  I'm super pumped to be with her my very last transfer.  I've felt a huge and progressive growth with her and I'm excited to see it continue.  We had so much success together and we were bouncing off the walls when we heard we were together again!  I'm so excited to continue working hard with her and enjoy every minute of it.

Last week, we got the chance to help out on "Mormon Helping Hands" and give service to those that are in need.  All of the members in Bahia Blanca were there to participate and I got to sneak in a couple GREAT BIG HUGS" to some members from my old areas ;)








We also put on an activity for the obra misional and we invited all the jovenes (young kids) to play "out-door games" and watch a Mormon message.  We invited all the menos activos and recent converts and it turned out "SUPER GREAT"!  We all had a great time and the spirit was strong.   Right now we are trying to get the kids active and working as missionaries as well so that they too can prepare to be missionaries in the future.  Lately, it's been a little hard to find the people we have been teaching because of vacation or work, but we continue to diligently search and pray with faith.

I love the scripture that says, 2 Nephi 2:11 "Porque es preciso que haya una oposicion en todas las cosas." (Without opposition, we would never progress).  We have been able to keep in contact with the family Romano, whom the daughter, Adiana, has her 15 years this coming week.  This is a HUGE thing here.  It is like Prom for us in the states.  "Dresses, make-up, photos, dinner, party, presentation, etc."  It's a HUGE celebration they put on every time the women turn "15".  We asked to help with the decorations so that will be a lot of fun!  We've also tried everything we could to help Sabastion, but there is only so much that we can do.  People have their agency to choose to take that path to living a righteous and healthy life or not.  We continue to pray and hope that in the near future, he will have that desire to have a changed heart with faith in God and himself personally.

We've been teaching Juan and his brother Luiz and they are sooo awesome!  We showed up to a cita and we came to teach them Lesson 2 (plan of salvation) with a game we put together for them.  As the house is just a little too small for all to fit, we took chairs and sat outside in front in a circle and as we began to play the game, 10 minutes later, four of their neighborhood friends came to join us!!  It was so much fun!  We all had such a great time.  My favorite part about it was watching them all laugh and enjoy the time we had with the spirit. 

Ecclesiates 3:4
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

So who got the chance to watch General Conference??!!  I hope you all did, I also brought 15 questions with me and every single one of them was answered!  I received so much spiritual/personal revelation, so many things to change, apply and develop NOW and in my life in the future.  If you asked me what talk was my favorite, I couldn't tell you because I had 5 favorites and every sing one had something unique about them.  Brisa was also there for all of the sessions and we asked her what was her favorite?  She said, "Todos" (All).  We then asked if she could only pick one...she said, No, I liked Todos! haha She's so awesome .  She was also hoping there was another session after it all ended ;) 


All the Gringos, watching General Conference

So today, I just want to share my favorite frases that caught my attention yesterday/Saturday from General conference...

*  (Uchtdoft) "Exaltation ...is our goal, discipleship....is our journey"
*  (Ballard)  "The plan of salvation...is the map"
*  (Neil F. Marriott)  "Let it go"
*  (Larry R. Lawrence) "A course of improvement....we need to ask some difficult questions..."
*  (Quentin L. Cook)  "Self control is like a muscle, the more you use it = strengthens"
*  (Robert D. Hales)  "If you want advice from me, be prepared to take it"
*  (Bradley D. Foster)  " It's never too late to lead, guide and walk beside your children"
*  (Dallin H. Oaks)  "We have only to ask"
*  (Rasband)  "The call comes from our loving Lord"
*  (Stevenson)  "Don't focus on what I can't do...but what I can do"
*  (Renlund)  "Eyes to see, Ears to hear, and a heart to feel"
*  (Nelsen)  "Are you finished crying?...Get dressed")
*  (Schwiter)  "True disciples represent the Lord and inspired the people, NOT impress them."
*  (Stephens)  "I want me to put my seat belt on because you love me"
*  (Hayne)  "He wants me to be clean so I'm not left outside His home"

These are just a few of the things we heard this past weekend from our loving prophet and apostles and leaders of the church.  I'm so grateful for them and the revelation they receive from the Lord.  I have a huge testimony that they are servants/disciples/friends/and sons and daughters called of God to fulfill His work here on the earth.  I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have now to use these words, guidance, direction from God's apostles/prophets in my life.  To better my own progress, purpose as a mother, daughter and servant of the Lord.  I love this gospel.  I love my Savior, redeemer, my brother, for his beautiful, unimaginable love for us.  Without any doubt, I know that he live, that he is the son of the most high, our gracious Heavenly Father.

Homework:  If you didn't get the chance to listen or watch General Conference, I invite you to do so in this website.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2015/10?cid=HP_SU_10-4-2015_dPTH_fGC_xLIDyL1-C_&lang=eng

Armadillo, an Argentinian Food??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment