Monday, August 10, 2015

The Lord Looketh on our Hearts

Tanto Tiempo!  So these past two weeks have been a little crazy.  First of all we had emergency transfers and I'm now with 2 companions, Hermana Godoy from Paraguay and in Balcarce and Hermana Machado from Uruguay who is in Mar Del Plata (Pompeya).  I will be traveling to other areas every week to do divisions in other areas with Hermanas.  Already I've worked in Mar del Plata central and Pompeya and I've loved every moment of it.  It's been a ton of traveling and lots of work but It's been an amazing experience thus far.  I got my first interview with our new mission president and they are super! awesome.  I've had such a connection with them already and can feel the spirit so strongly around them.  They've got such great personalities and love to take "selfies"  Haha :)  They have such an amazing vision for this mission and have done wonders already.  There have been so many changes to the mission and more will be coming our way.  They really want to focus on temples and what it really means to be a converted member, but more importantly converting his missionaries first.  Hermana is also top notch!  Her Spanish already is super great.  I have so much confidence in them and they have such powerful spirits.  They have given us a goal to get a picture of our families with the temple to share with those we teach and my companion and I have had so much success already!  My favorite part is watching people's reactions and their urge to know more.

So we had a "super p-day" with our zone on Monday and slept over in an apartment with 6 hermanas!  (Sleep over party)  In the morning we hiked up a mountain called, The Serras, with our zone.  It was super fun and we got to study on the mountain and see the view of the city.  I don't know if we'll every do it again though for all the walking we do every day all day....my companion, poor thing, has a flat tire!! ;) (worn out)





On Domingo, we had lots of success, we had an investigator Cristin come, a boy who loves to rap and beat box, and another girl named Jenifer whom we found this week, Liliana who only smoked 1 cigarette this week and 2 less active families!!! ;)  One whom we've been visiting for 2 weeks now name Cynthia, who came with her daughter and she calls her a "terrible 2". Haha  Well, I got the privilege of sitting next to her during sacrament and the little girl did not want to cooperate what so every and we tried giving her food, books, toys, .....for a distraction.  Well, she finally had just about had it and found a book, walked down the isle and threw it at a member.  Luckily he knew what it was like with kids and from experience caught it right before it smacked him in the face ;) Haha.  I couldn't believe it!  Gotta love kids :)

This week, my companion and I have really been pressing to help our investigators to progress and a key to do so is repentance.  This week I've learned a lot about the atonement and the importance it is in our lives and the lives of others.  Something I love about it is that it's unconditional love the Savior has for us.  The other day, someone got on the topic of hugs and I thought what would it be like to get a hug from our loving Savior.  I've absolutely gown to love the hugs I get from friends, family, loved ones, children, etc.  But the most wondrous hug of all is the Saviors embrace.  It is one we should desire above all others.  It is an arm of mercy.  The Savior extends to all of God's children, especially those who have feeble knees and are humbled unto repentance. 

3 Nephi 9:13-14
13 O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?
 14 Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.

He was sent here to help the broken hearted, to preach repentance, heal the sick, and to embrace those in comfort. 

D&C 6:20
20 Behold, thou art Oliver, and I have spoken unto thee because of thy desires; therefore treasure up these words in thy heart. Be faithful and diligent in keeping the commandments of God, and I will encircle thee in the arms of my love.

Without repentance, without God's love, there is not real process or improvement in life.  Pretending there is no sin does not lessen it's burden and pain we carry on our backs.  Through repentance, we gain access to the atoning grace of Jesus Christ and salvation!  It's an act of humility!  And Nephi "saw that Jesus was lifted up upon the cross and slain for the sins of the world" (1 Nephi 11:33)  The Shepherd making the ultimate sacrifice for the eternal safety of His sheep".  He invited us to move forward and experience His embrace.  He gives an invitation to ALL men, not just a few but to ALL. 

Alma 5:33
 33 Behold, he sendeth an invitation unto all men, for the arms of mercy are extended towards them, and he saith: Repent, and I will receive you.

I know that God loves each and every one of us and that He wants us to remember Him and His grace.  To come unto Him with a broken heart and a contrite spirit.  With a willingness to repent no matter the cost of pain.  As we abandon that sin, He give us freedom, confidence, peach and we then become swallowed up in the joy of forgiveness ;)

Homework:  Watch the video (Mormon Message - The Savior Want to Forgive)
https://www.mormonchannel.org/watch/series/mormon-messages/the-savior-wants-to-forgive

No comments:

Post a Comment