Tuesday, October 28, 2014

En Todos Lados!

Homework:  Pick a Christ-like attribute and strive to live it!

This week we had so many wonderful opportunities to teach!  Not only that but we almost had a member present for every lesson.  Lessons taught with members are always ten times better!  It's one more strong testimony, testifying of Christ's work!  On Thursday, we hadn't planned anyone to come teach with us and that morning we had 3 lessons with 3 different members present in a row - what a miracle!  On Sunday, Argentina celebrated the "dia de la madre" (Mother's day) and during Sacrament meeting we got to hear so many wonderful talks about mothers and how important they are in the world.  Without them we would not function!  My companion and I decided to find all the mothers and chicas in the street and share with them a scripture as well as our testimony.  I think yesterday was on of my favorite days in the mission thus far, because I got to witness some wonderful relationships and similarities with mothers, daughters and young women.  One experience reminded me of how important my mother is in my life.  She has been and always will be an angel to me.  She has always been my best friend in times of good and also in bad.  I also am so grateful for all of my grandmothers.  I have learned so much from them.  Their words of advice and the love they have is priceless.  "Feliz dia de la madre"!

For the past week, my companion and I decided to teach the 9 attributes of Jesus Christ - in Preach My Gospel, to every member and investigator that we visited.  As we did this, we let the families decide what attribute to pick from Faith, Hope, Charity and Love, Virtue, Knowledge, Patience, Humility, Diligence, Obedience. Out of the 9 families that we visited 8 families picked PACIENCIA! (patience)  I don't know if I learned more from patience this week or each individual family, or the fact that this was a sign for me to have more patience as well!!  Ha I have never done well with patience in my life. One area is that I have always had to be on time! I also lose patience with others inn their ability to not make a decision, the list goes on and on.  From this experience of teaching these families, I have realized that patience is hard for every one, but in many different ways.  Like I have patience in things my companion doesn't and she has patience in things I don't.  We help or compliment each other that way. One things that really stuck out to me that a family member said was that patience is an can be difficult because it's not "just patience alone", it's also faith, hope, love and humility.  Patience can be ALL the attributes of Christ.  I think there is only one person in this world who has ALL the attributes and that is our loving Christ. He is our example.  As we go about our day, we need to always remember Him and His attributes.  We are not perfect, but we can strive to be perfect as Christ is.  I ask each and every one of you as well as myself to try and have more patience with family members, friends and even with yourself.  We can even ask a humble prayer and ask for more patience to be able to relax and enjoy every moment in good and bad situations. (Our trials)  I promise you will be able to have more patience in your life, because it has really helped me!

There are so many wonderful experiences that happened this week that I wish I could share them all, but on in particular I want to share.  We have been teaching a 17 year old boy who we taught the first lesson to and this week we taught the "plan of salvation".  Well his brother died at the age of 22 about 5 years ago, and had many questions.  He read all of the pamphlets, and prayed, but when I offered him the Book of Mormon, he wouldn't take it.  This time we tried to offer him the Book of Mormon again and as I didn't want to get turned down yet again, I gave it to my companion and she tried, but to no avail he did not take it.  This lesson was very different from the rest and I felt like I was being told to offer the book again.  I tried to share the thought out of my mind and listening to the spirit.  By the end of the lesson, I finally couldn't ignore the prompting anymore and I started baring my testimony and felt a sudden peace.  Everyone in the room seemed to be at peace as well.  It was so silent!  I told him that his brother was so close to him and that the veil was thin and that all of the answers he was looking for were in this Book of Mormon.  This time I didn't actually offer the book again, I just handed it to him and he took it without a word.  This was an experience that I will never forget.  The spirit was so strong, but not only that, the spirit of his brother as well.  I want to testify of the importance of acting on a prompting. When you feel a strong feeling or prompting, do not hesitate because you can lost that opportunity to make a difference.  I sure learned it.  I know this gospel is true and I knew that the plan God has for us is beautiful.  That we can live with our families again as well as lost ones.  I'm so grateful for mothers/daughters/grandmothers/aunts/sisters/young women....  For their courage and bright smiles!  I love this gospel and what it does for me in my life.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment